Friday, March 28, 2014

Us+Serving=HOPE

Well, here I am, sitting on my computer trying to find ways to raise support to go to Africa. I never thought I would be doing this! I created a Facebook page giving a brief description of what this trip is all about. Check it out:


"I am so excited for the opportunity to go to Africa with the Leadership College this May! This is not a trip with the goal of personal gain in any way, but rather to bring HOPE to the village and people of Mganduzweni, South Africa. When I say hope, this is what I mean: meeting their physical needs by providing water(biggest need in the village), food for the children, better homes, and also their eternal needs by providing a healthy church family for them to be in relationship with, and most importantly, the grace, hope and love that we have in Jesus.

Here's the details: I am needing to raise $1500 to make this trip possible. I am willing to do whatever to make that happen, but I need your help! If you need any work done around your house, babysitter, etc. I am your girl! Donations are gladly accepted as well. I will keep you updated with how the budgets are going and where I am at! I leave fro Africa May 16, but have some time after that to have the money raised. I would love for you to be a part of this journey! Above monetary needs, what I value most are your prayers. Not just for me, but very much so for the people in this village. Pray that God would be preparing and already working in their hearts!"
My heart has always been to serve others, but I want this trip to be more than just serving. I want the precious people of Mganduzweni to see Jesus when they see me, or members of my group serving. That Christianity isn't just a religious group to be a part of, but that knowing Jesus is HOPE. Please pray with me to see this happen!


No comments:

Post a Comment